Morrissey Moving Company Packing Tips
- Separate your boxes by size, and place appropriate size boxes in each room.
- Have all supplies (i.e. tape, bubble wrap, packing paper) lined up nest to your boxes when packing.
- Pack one room at a time, marking each box with a description of its contents and destination (i.e. kitchen, master bath).
- Put heavy items in small boxes and light items in large boxes. Keep weight of boxes reasonable. Group similar size and weight.
- Wrap heaviest items first with bubble wrap or packing paper and place on bottom of box. Wrap lighter items with same and place on top of heavier items, separated by bubble wrap. Fill all voids with packing paper or bubble wrap to prevent shifting.
- Double box fragile items and fill voids between boxes with packing paper or bubble cushioning to avoid shifting.
- Use “FRAGILE” labels on boxes with breakable items. This will alert movers to handle with care.
- Make sure tops and sides of boxes do not bulge or sag. Under-packed boxes may collapse and over-packed boxes may rupture.
- Pack plates on their edges in double wall corrugated dish boxes. Dish/Glass dividers (also known as cell packs) will help keep these items safe and organized.